Thursday, March 27, 2008

A New Take on Bedtime Stories

I'm a writer and an avid reader and a lover and a fighter (uh oh: I sound like a Meredith Brooks song). I also have a number of friends who work as librarians, teachers, tutors, and in non-profits. I can't tell you how many days I've spent pondering the age-old question of, "How do we promote literacy? How do we get people to frolic forth to the libraries and coffee shop poetry readings?"

I've long thought reading needs to become of everyday life (as does art), and that we have to knock down all those walls and ideas about reading. Ooooh: can you see my soapbox? It's collaged Liberal Arts Poet style!

Seriously though: I think this product could really be something wonderful. I kind of want to make my own.


What they say:

"Once upon a time there was a blanket. This blanket had several sheets containing a traditional bedtime story. Each "page" adds a layer of linen making you warmer (or cooler) and comfier hopefully guiding you and your partner into a pleasant night’s sleep."



No comments: