Wednesday, March 12, 2008

As Luck Would Have It


Some context: I hold my MFA in Creative Writing and BA in English (and Psychology) from Hollins University. I own bookshelves and bookshelves worth of books. I work as a freelance writer. I could be called an English dork.

Why does this matter? Well, I guess I’m trying to tell the two people who read this blog that I like books. I also like journals. You might think people gift these to me on a frequent basis, but you would be wrong. People assume I receive a lot of journals as prezzies, so they give me other things. Any journal I own, with an exception or two, is one I bought myself.

But see: I love journals, and I love handmade books.

available via Arthur's Circus

You know what else I like? Bingo. I am not kidding. I love Bingo. In fact, I’ve willingly gone to the granny-centered Bingo games in my hometown (yes, the ones held in churches).

So: my two loves are combined into a lovely ditty of a product. How lucky: How punny.

No comments: