Friday, March 14, 2008

Iche Liebe Dich!

So, I’m learning German (Deutsch), and I’m loving it. I need to brush up on this language if I want to move to PhDland. I’m not even sure if I want into that zany universe (though I would rock an argyle sweater vest and blazer: this is clearly my priority), but it can't hurt to learn a language bit by bit. Also: I do love the language (and the culture), and I would like to know more than profess my love for things like Cupcakes and Superheros. This was my priority in high school (I kid; I kid...sort of).


But seriously: LearnitLists has already helped more than I thought it would. How does it work? Well, basically, based off of your language preferances, it lists ten new vocab words a day. Of course, they explain it best:

“Every day you will have 10 words to learn from a list of the 1000 most common English words. When you refresh the page, the words on your list will appear one by one. You will then be able to show or hide the meaning and swap between the two languages as you wish.”

I’m retaining some amazing vocabulary (and I’ve placed the widget on my iGoogle page so I see the list for the majority of my day). The website is still a baby, but I think it has some serious potential. Ja? Ja.

No comments: