Monday, January 11, 2010

Batgirl, Charles Simic, and Jim Datz's Sad Octopus

***
I like this interpretation of Batgirl/woman.

***
The School Of Metaphysics

Executioner happy to explain
How his wristwatch works
As he shadows me on the street.
I call him that because he is grim and officious
And wears black.

The clock on the church tower
Had stopped at five to eleven.
The morning newspapers had no date.
The gray building on the corner
Could've been a state pen,

And then he showed up with his watch,
Whose Gothic numerals
And the absence of hands
He wanted me to understand
Right then and there.

-- Charles Simic
***
Sad Octopus.
Jim Datz is da man: Interview with the Illustrator
***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Digital memory is something that I seemingly will never have enough of. It feels like megabytes and gigabytes have become an inseparable part of my every day existence. Ever since I bought a Micro SD Card for my DS flash card, I've been on the constant lookout for high memory at low prices. I feel like I'm going insane.

(Posted using NewPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)